New to Dotted Globe? Welcome!
We created this USA Road Trip Travel Blog to help you explore the country by going on amazing road trips. We will help you every step of the way from choosing your next road trip adventure and planning your drive down to the details to actually booking your trip and even providing a list of road trip essentials for your car. We have a lot of ‘fly and drive’ itineraries as well as useful tips on renting cars in the USA.
Our mission? To make sure you get to enjoy your American road trip while not worrying about the nitty-gritty of planning one!
If you want to know more about Dotted Globe and who we are, then read our About page here.
The American road trip represents the ultimate adventure. It is a unique way of seeing otherwise inaccessible attractions, spending time on the road with minimal belongings, cherishing memories made with your family and loved ones while at the same time communing with nature. In many ways, it draws you back to times when life was simple. When there were less hectic schedules, fewer worries, and more time to go as you please.
The road trip is an escape from city life and often enough, quite cheap. That’s why, on the most popular road trips, you will find lots of motels and campsites as well as cheap diners. Also, it beats buying plane tickets and resort nights for a big family as we found out for ourselves after having kids.
Thankfully, there is not just one dream road trip in the USA. There are several of them, spanning from coast to coast or border to border. Some of these trips parallel routes created by great rivers, others go around the lakes. Some roads connect destinations bounded by shared history while others travel in the path of ancient people, tracing their footsteps. Some trips promise sheer stunning scenery. Each road trip in America whether long or short symbolizes a way of travel, a way of being.
An American road trip is a tryst with wanderlust and it is for everyone, irrespective of age.
However, planning a road trip is one of the toughest things to do. Because much as we hate admitting it, we don’t have all the time in the world. We need to fit in seeing everything, taking awesome photos, driving, and the carefree adventure feeling in the short time that we have on the road. Ah, the pressure to plan the perfect road trip!
And that’s where we come in, to show you how to plan the perfect road trip of your choice. You can borrow our in-depth itineraries or use them as a starting point to create your own. We offer lots of options to customize the road trip itineraries as well as are happy to answer questions related to planning your road trip.
Recommended resources for those looking to road trip America
- For deciding which road trip to go on next, read our post on Best Road trips in America
- For exploring our favorite state of California, read our Ultimate California Road Trip Planner
- For a short but stunning road trip, read our Florida Keys road trip itinerary
- For those looking to go off the beaten path, try the memorable South Dakota road trip
- For those looking to visit the famous Grand Canyon National Park, explore our awesome Grand Circle Road Trip itinerary that takes you through 3 national parks and over 5 stunning natural attractions
- For beautiful fall foliage views, read our post on Best Fall Drives in America
- If you love muscle cars and the wind in your hair, feel inspired by reading our post on Best Summer Road Trips to take in a convertible
Apart from road trips, we also have many excellent guides on Best City Breaks in the USA and Traveling with Kids.