New to Dotted Globe? Welcome!
We created this USA Travel Blog to help you explore America through Road Trips & City Breaks.
The USA is among our favorite travel destinations and our home for over a decade. If you want to know more about us, then read our About page here. We have traveled a lot all over the country and can help you plan your next USA vacation, whether it is an urban getaway or a cross country road trip.
We will help you every step of the way, from choosing your next destination and planning your itinerary to booking a budget-friendly trip and even help you in packing – by providing a list of road trip essentials for your car and reminding you about things you need to take in your carry-on.
Our mission? To help you explore America!
Join our Facebook Community
Want to ask us questions about your trip or just want to say hello? Join our free USA Travel Facebook Community now. That’s where we hang out, answer your questions, and share pictures from our most recent road trips and city breaks. Click here to join now.
Popular USA Travel Inspiration Articles
America is incredibly vast and diverse. We have traveled far and wide in the country – from coast to coast – and explored its nook and corners from the white sand beaches of the Florida Keys to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado to the farthest reaches of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
Planning a USA vacation often leaves visitors overwhelmed. Your options are endless; in addition to enjoying city breaks and going on road trips to national parks, you can also lounge on the beaches, hike to waterfalls, visit historic sites, have fascinating wildlife interactions, as well as indulge in must-have foodie experiences.
Here are our recommended travel inspiration articles for those planning their next American vacation
- Looking for must-visit destinations in the country? Read our post on Best Places to Visit in the USA
- Enjoy visiting cities and museums? Find your next destination in this article Best City Breaks in the USA
- Tired of the snow and mind-numbing cold? Escape winter with our list of Best USA Warm Weather Winter Holiday Destinations
- Want to see stunning spring blossoms? Read our post on Best Spring Destinations in the USA
- Looking for spectacular white sand beaches to swim, surf, and build a sandcastle? Check out our detailed article on Best Beaches in the USA to visit this summer
- Love hiking, camping, and wildlife encounters? Visit some of the country’s best natural attractions, read the whole list here Best National Parks in the USA
Popular USA Road Trip Planners & Essential Guides
An American road trip represents the ultimate adventure. An American road trip is a tryst with wanderlust and it is for everyone, irrespective of age.
It is a unique way of seeing otherwise inaccessible attractions, spending time on the road with minimal belongings, cherishing memories made with your family and loved ones while at the same time communing with nature.
In many ways, it draws you back to times when life was simple. When there were less hectic schedules, fewer worries, and more time to go as you please.
Here are our recommended resources for those looking to road trip America
- For deciding which road trip to go on next, read our post on Best American Road Trips to Take At least Once
- For exploring our favorite state of California, read our Ultimate California Road Trip Planner
- For a short but stunning road trip, read our Florida Keys road trip itinerary
- For those looking to go off the beaten path, try the memorable South Dakota road trip
- For those looking to visit the famous Grand Canyon National Park, explore our awesome Grand Circle Road Trip itinerary that takes you through 3 national parks and over 5 stunning natural attractions
- For beautiful fall foliage views, read our post on Best Fall Drives in America
- If you love muscle cars and the wind in your hair, feel inspired by reading our post on Best Summer Road Trips to take in a convertible
Popular USA City Guides
If you like urban getaways, then you will love the USA. Vibrant US cities including New York, Chicago, and San Francisco are the perfect destinations to plan your next weekend getaway or a short break from the mundane.
You can see the Independence Hall in Philadelphia or bike the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or take a romantic cruise along the San Antonio River.
On your urban vacation, you can eat a variety of cuisines from New York-style cheesecake and Chicago’s deep dish pizza to Native American fry bread in Arizona and elk steak in Colorado.
Here are some of our in-depth travel guides to our favorite cities:
- Have the Big Apple on your list? Read our epic list of 37 Best Things to do in New York
- Explore the hip, vibrant, and bohemian side of San Francisco in this detailed guide
- Planning a trip to the Windy City? Read our amazing Chicago Bucket List
- Discover the non-gambling side of Sin City and perfect a casino hop in our Las Vegas Travel Guide
- Find a cool list of weird and awesome things to do in Portland, Oregon
- Seattle Travel Guide, for those visiting the Emerald City
- Guide to Denver in winter, if you are planning a Valentine’s Day celebration
- Explore quirky and enchanting New Orleans including Cafe du Monde and the cemeteries
- Take a trip to the southernmost city and enjoy its Caribbean charms through our Key West Travel Guide
Apart from road trips and city breaks, we also have many excellent guides on family travel and traveling with kids.
Best USA Travel Guides to help plan your trip
Are you a book person? Love your Lonely Planets and Frommer’s travel guides? These are our trusted favorites. Affiliate links may apply.
- National Geographic’s 50 States, 5,000 Ideas
- Lonely Planet USA Travel Guide
- Moon USA National Parks
- Lonely Planet USA’s Best Trips
- Reader’s Digest The Most Scenic Drives in America: Over 120 Spectacular Road Trips
- Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America’s Two-Lane Highways
Subscribe to Dotted Globe Mailing List
Never miss a post! Be a part of our community by subscribing to our Dotted Globe – USA Travel Blog | Road Trips & City Breaks email list. We guarantee zero spam, just gorgeous photos, and travel inspiration for visiting the USA.
Click here to subscribe to our email list now and receive your free USA Travel Bucket List now.
We are Social
You can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Have a blast!
We look forward to hearing what a great time you had on your USA vacation.